Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Ezra 17-23 Months

I am in denial that we are approaching this wonderful boy's 2nd birthday!  I have become so behind on posting about him.

For a while Ezra's favorite activity was climbing on chairs and then climbing onto the kitchen table.  This was not my favorite activity.  I suffered numerous near heart attacks from his daring acts.  Thankfully his obsession with it has since past, and he only fell off the chairs a few times.  :P



Books!  Ezra is a HUGE fan.  If I ever sit down for even a second he will plop right in my lap with a book to read in tow.  I ADORE these sweet snuggle reading sessions.  But he always fusses when I have to get up again.  Pretty much the first thing he does every day once the kids are off to school is bring me books and insists that we read together before anything else on my to-do list.  I am happy to oblige as often as I can!


Oh, toddlers.  How they love to fit themselves into the funniest of places!



He really enjoys the piano.  He loves to go up himself and play and sing.  If I sit down to play he wants to come up and join me.  He generally is fond of music.  If he ever gets sad I ask him if he wants me to sing him a song.  He always responds with a desperate plea, "Yeah!"  He loves when I sing him nursery rhymes.  We have a book of them at home that we've read many times over, and they must be pretty soothing!  Some of his other favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus," "Little Bunny Foo Foo," and "Old McDonald."  He doesn't try to sing or do any actions yet.


Such a shoe lover!  He loves trying on everyone's shoes, even when we go other places and they're OTHER people's shoes, haha!  

At his 18-month check-up he weighed 25 pounds and was 32 1/4".  He came out exactly average for all of his measurements.  :)  Also at 18 months Ezzie joined Nursery class at church!  He was pretty sad and scared about it at first.  David stayed with him for the first half for about a month.  Then he transformed and began loving it!  David drops him off and he never looks back!  I am so grateful he enjoys it so much.


Like most toddlers, he thinks babies are pretty great!  He also equally loves their gear!  Every time we go to the library and there are strollers parked for story time, he runs straight to them and tries to sit in them (and sometimes succeeding, at which point he refuses to get out!).  When David's baby sister Lillie was at our house, Ezra climbed right into her carseat.  :)


What little boy doesn't love the outdoors?!  This fella is SO excited whenever we get to go out, and so, so sad when someone goes out without him.  Just this past month (thankfully not sooner) he learned how to unlock and open our back sliding door.  Very grateful we have a yard so it's not a big deal for him to just leave!  But many mornings it's been rather chilly and he just wants to leave the door wide open!


Ezra knows he's got the best dad!  When David's at work Ezra shakes his head and says a few times over, "Ohhh, Dada."  I've always thought of him as a Mama's boy, but I think he's become more of an equal Mama/Dada boy.  He is certainly the happiest when we are both with him.  If we're standing together holding him he has the biggest grin and pulls happily on us both.  "Mama" and "Dada" are the only words that he is ALWAYS saying.  He knows we are over-the-moon in our love for him, and the feeling is very mutual.  



Clara is usually a wonderful big sister to Ezra.  Occasionally she can be a little too forceful or bossy, but they often enjoy playing together.  One of her favorite things to do is read to Ezra (sometimes he is obliging, other times not).  Ezra became OBSESSED with the book We're Going on a Bear Hunt.  We read it so many times that Clara memorized the whole thing!   Here's a video of her reading it to Ezra.  I love his facial expressions!



This was one of those occasions where he did NOT want her to read to him.  ;)

Ezra is getting more interested in doing activities like playdoh, though he still always tries sneaking pieces of it into his mouth.  Blech!


Here's a video of Ez painting at 19 months:



Just like his older brother, Ezra loves to wear hats!  Well, ANY dress-up item is fun for him, really.  He can be such a very funny and silly character!  He has THE BEST giggle.  I think all of us in the family love to do silly things to illicit that delightful belly-laugh from him.
In this video, David is performing what he termed his "Triple Steamroll," with all three kids.




We didn't get much snow through the winter, but had some snow in the spring!  When David took Eli and Clara sledding in it, I stayed home to get some cleaning done.  I bundled Ezra up so he could play in the snow in the yard, but he was too darn cute and fun to watch that I stayed and watched him instead of doing my work!  He was so fascinated and intrigued by the snow!  It's amazing to see wonders like snow through the eyes of a child.  

He kept falling down and then would proceed to eat the snow.  His poor red chin, must have been about frozen!
Here's a very fun video of Ezra playing (and falling) in the snow.  :)


These other two snow pictures were taken by David (obviously), when we had the first snow of the winter, just a little dusting.



Haha-drinking from both cups at the same time!  Ezzie certainly loves to eat, and just learned how to open the fridge!  😬

One day I could tell Ezra wasn't feeling well.  He then threw up in the car on the way home from preschool.  :(  It was very scary to me.  I couldn't see him and was driving and couldn't help him.  He started throwing up and I was so worried about him choking.  Thankfully we were close to him.  He was wailing sadly and I rushed him inside to get him clean.  That was luckily the only throw up that he had, but he took it easy the rest of the day.  I turned on his favorite show The Mother Goose Club (that show completely rivets him!) and was surprised that he stayed laying down for awhile!
I actually had to go help at Clara's class party, so David was our hero and came home from work for an hour (during busy season no less) to stay with him.


He fits in so perfectly as the baby of the family.  He loves being the baby!  Whenever the other two kids try to sit on my lap or we start talking about them as my "babies," Ezra gets this worried/frustrated face and moves everyone out of the so that only HE can sit on my lap.  He loves for me to hold him like a baby, cradling him in my arms.  He sucks his thumb while we rock together for a couple of minutes before he's off to play again.  Sure love how much he loves cuddling!


Ez is getting so much better at playing independently.  He's interested in driving cars/trains (his favorite seem to be the school bus and mail truck).  He loves anything having to do with a ball.  He likes to carry around a baby doll or a stuffed puppy.



Ezra's been a little slow to pick up words, but he understands perfectly and communicates well for not having a large vocabulary.  He says "mama," "dada," "ball," "neigh," "moo," "woof/how (dog's howl)," "bubble," "yeah," "no," "bye-bye," "baby," "bankie" (for his blanket), "boo-boo," "choo choo," "eow" (for a cat's meow), "ow" (for when he has an owie), "blue," "e-us" (Jesus), "nana" (banana), "ee-haw" (yeeahaw, when riding his rocking horse), "brrr" (would say whenever we went outside in the winter), "ice," "woah," "uh-oh,"more," "papa," "Pooh," (learned after reading several Winnie-the-Pooth books and then seeing Pooh bear's face on his cap.  :)  He makes a funny quacking and oinking sound.  He waves and gives kisses.  He knows his body parts and will point to them when you say them.  He's often chattering to us.  While he seems to really believe he is saying something, it's mostly gibberish.  We love his sweet little voice!

Ez is pretty fascinated with the older kids' trikes.  He tries to get on them but he can't reach the pedals and boy does it take a long time getting anywhere when he tries to walk them!


We have this really neat park close to our house that was renovated last year.  We had so much fun playing there on an evening when it finally started warming up!  The park has a couple of "Mommy and Me" swings, which I rode on with each kid.





If Ezra approaches a big slide, he'll wait and call for me to slide down with him.  If it's a smaller slide he is confident to go down by himself.  Wheee!



What a barrel of fun this cute boy is!









No comments:

Post a Comment