Friday, September 9, 2011

David's Birthday!

Yesterday was my honey's 29th birthday!!  I can't believe that in just one year he'll be 30!  Woah.

Before I write about the events of the big day, I have to share this information that tells you about David's main birthday gift.  David is really into dress shoes, particularly ones by Allen Edmonds.  If he's on the internet, you can bet that he's perusing their shoes.  And he can do that for hours.  AE shoes are mighty expensive, so it's a bit strange that David would be interested in buying any, since he's the biggest penny pincher I know.  However, their shoes are such high quality, that they could last him 20 years, and they'll even re-sole them!  So really, I guess it's a good deal.  ; )  They recently had a Labor Day sale, so David decided he'd like a pair for his birthday.  He ordered them online, but when they arrived they weren't the perfect fit.  (And if David's gonna spend a chunk of change on a pair of shoes, they darn better fit perfectly.)  : )

Allen Edmonds has an outlet store in Jefferson, Ohio (about 2 1/2 hours away), so David and his mom made a little trip over there a couple weeks ago so he could find his perfect shoes in person.  (Boy, this is starting to sound like a love story.  Hehe.)  It was a success!  He found a different pair that he liked better that were HALF the price of the first!  (That's my smart shopper!)  They arrived in the mail yesterday, and let me tell you--never before have I seen a man so proud of his shoes.   : )  He was struttin' his stuff around the house while wearing his pj's.  Since he got such a good deal on his shoes, he decided he wanted to spend the rest of his birthday money and get ANOTHER pair of shoes!  He's now one (shoe-crazy) happy camper!

I wanted to make David's birthday special, so I started by doing a little decorating . . .

. . . In the living room


 . . . In the kitchen


    . . . And in the bathroom


I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast (from a can...that's as talented as I am when it comes to baking.).  I thought I had candles, but at the last minute found out I didn't.  However, I remembered I had a candle on an old art project, so I pulled it off, and wah-la!  Then I lit the candle and sang "Happy Birthday."  : )


After breakfast David opened his presents and homemade card from me.  Here's what I gave him--


 You're probably wondering why I got him food.  Well, David is not an easy one to buy for, and he told me I couldn't spend much on him since he got shoes.  He mentioned it would be fun to get some favorite snacks that he never buys himself because they're too expensive.  He's been munching away on his goodies. :)

I served David his lunch on the famous traditional Red Plate.


We went to the Goodwill store in Fishers, where David discovered (based on a lot of cooing) that Eli loves to look at suits, too.  : )

For dinner we dined at Maggiano's.


 Thank goodness for bumbos and their trays!  Makes eating out so much easier.

 Eli loved my earrings.  : )

What a mess he made!


I made chocolate mousse for dessert!  Mmm...Very tasy!

I think David had a GREAT birthday!  I sure loved getting to spend the WHOLE day with him, and making him feel as special as he is.


1 comment:

  1. we had that plate in my family too! now tim and i just have to get one :)

    ReplyDelete