Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentine's Day

This year our Valentine's Day was pretty spread out.  At the start of February I did my traditional "heart attack," where I wrote sweet love notes to my family and posted them around the house.  I made hearts to Dave, hearts to Eli, hearts to Clara, and then hearts to Daddy from Eli and Clara.  I always enjoy writing my love notes and being reminded of the special things I love about my husband and kids.  Hearts were in the kitchen, living room, and Clara's room.



Leading up to V-Day I tried to do some holiday crafts with Eli.  First I tried having him stamp paint with a heart cookie cutter, but he had no interest in that.  He did, however, enjoy painting a heart with a Qtip.  : )

The Sunday before V-Day we had a special dinner at my parent's.  My mom always goes all-out for holidays with beautiful and festive decorating, yummy meals and treats, and generous gifting.  I made some heart-shaped sugar cookies and brought them to share, even though my mom had already prepared TWO fabulous desserts herself.
.

Of course Eli thought the frosting was good enough on its own!

Mom's delicious kabobs
Eli and Grandpa M. playing tag!

David brought me home a beautiful bouquet of crimson gerber daisies.  Always love having fresh flowers on my table!

Of course by the time the actual day rolled around, we were well out of cookies, so I made another batch of dark chocolate chunk with red m&ms.  (Yes, I should probably branch out and make other types of desserts, but I REALLY love to eat cookies. Plus they're so simple to make!)

We were finally able to have a little family celebration the Sunday after V-Day.  I tried a new breakfast of cream cheese/cherry pastries, cut into hearts.  It was more complicated than I had thought, and made my Sunday morning much more stressful, but they turned out good.  I found some fun red goblets in the $1 section at Target, so it was fun to have a little festivity with that pop of red.

 

So in love with all THREE of my Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment