Sunday, April 13, 2014

1st Date Anniversary

David and I went on a REAL, OUTSIDE-OF-OUR-HOUSE, NO KIDS ALLOWED date!!  Hahaha.  We were visiting my parents for the weekend, and spent the night Saturday.  It wasn't until we were there that we realized, "Hey, we have a built-in babysitter here, we gotta go on a date!  

We put Clara to bed, and left while my mom was still reading to Eli.  (She ended up spending the whole two hours we were gone in the bedroom with a little boy who was way too wound up to go to sleep.  Who wants to sleep when you can have a slumber party with your Grammie?!)  I felt a little guilty that David missed half of the priesthood session of Conference, but we needed this time together, so I thought it'd be okay.

You see, Dave and I very rarely go on dates.  Neither of us love the idea of a babysitter (David doesn't want to pay the money, I have a hard time entrusting someone else to take care of my children).  Basically the only "dates" we have are Friday night popcorn & a movie together.  This is nice, but it's not sublime.  It saddens me that we don't get dolled up and go "out on the town."  We live in a pretty awesome place where there's always so much to do--concerts, restaurants, galleries, you name it.  We should be taking advantage of these great opportunities!

For our date we headed over to Orchard Golf, in Greenwood.  I thought it would be fun to play miniature golf, but David wanted to hit a bucket of balls instead. It was a little chilly, but a beautiful night, and we sure loved being out together!  We had fun taking pictures, and both of us did pretty decent!  I commented to Dave during our date that it was so great to be doing something active together.  We were moving, talking, laughing, flirting, and enjoying beautiful weather.  It was quality time spent, and reminded us that, "Hey, we do like each other!"  ; )  



This particular date was also special because it was the location of our very first date!  Way back in April 2008, I had just arrived home for the summer after finishing my sophomore year at BYU-Idaho.  I had been emailing this boy whom I'd met on New Year's Eve back home in Indiana.  






We had a few days where we'd both be home before he'd leave for the summer track, also at BYU-Idaho.  He drove an hour to take me out, in a pickup truck that stalled at a green light.  We played mini-golf, hit a bucket of balls (I believe my first ball hit the roof above me), and ate dinner at Applebees.  When we hugged that night I felt safe and comfortable, and wished we could see each other again before he left.  


Fast forward six years...After the driving range we grabbed Dairy Queen blizzards.  They were fairly gross, but the company was great.  Thanks, babe, for giving me a fun night OUT!  Love you, and love our time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment