Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Happy Valentine's

For weeks and weeks beforehand (basically once Christmas was over and Eli learned that the next holiday was Valentine's Day), Eli asked every day, "Is it Valentine's yet?"  I had a heart drawn on the calendar day, so I'd direct him to the calendar and he'd always look for "1-4."  He was excited for me to finally put up all the Valentines all over the house, as per tradition.

David had to work most of V-day, but when he was gone I displayed all the hearts.  Eli asked for his hearts to be put up in his room.  As I read him each one, his face beamed brighter and brighter, then he placed it where he thought it should go.  I put up Clara's hearts in her room as well, and when I read her "I love how excited you get when you see a dog," she started panting like a doggy.  :)  I had some leftover hearts cut out that Eli wanted to write on.  He made one about each grandma, and then one that he said meant "I love being a superhero!"  :)








I write personal hearts to David, Eli, and Clara, and also hearts from the kids to their Daddy (til they can write them on their own.)



I was given a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and later that afternoon we had a little V-day party, opening up treats in our valentine baskets.























I made a new, yummy dinner (cheddar bacon chicken tenders, garlic parmesan knots, and mashed potatoes), and tried something new for dessert--raspberry fool (which didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped).

The week AFTER V-day I was finally able to make the cream cheese cherry heart pastries that I made last year (I know, they don't look perfect, but they tasted it!)   David had that Saturday off, and while he and Eli went to have the oil changed in the car, we girls worked in the kitchen.  That weekend I also made some Valentine cookies--a new recipe for me that was devil's food chocolate cake cookies rolled in sprinkles.  Super yummy!  They were gone way too fast.  :)


So grateful for the 3 such special loves in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment