On Labor Day we met David's parents, brother Josh, and his brother Adam's kids Ethan and Caeley at Flowing Well park in Carmel. This was a park that I had never been to before the week of his birthday (I took the kids twice in the week leading up to our family trip. SO much fun!). It was the hottest week of the summer, but down in the creek with all of the trees surrounding us kept we stayed cool and comfortable. I really love being out in nature, and I love a good creek-stomp just as much now as I did as a kid.
 |
| Eli enjoys spending time digging and hunting the creek and grounds for shells (there's a bunch of them!) |
 |
| We explored the creek together, and had fun standing in a fast-moving current and finding a log that looked very much like an alligator. Even though we didn't wear our swimsuits this time, Eli joined another kid out in a deep area . He was laughing like crazy at the funny antics of the boy and his dad |
 |
| Caeley got right in with the kids and played up a storm! Waded together, sifted "treasure" together, climbed logs together, you name it! What an awesome, attentive cousin! |
 |
| Clara loves looking for big rocks in the water. |
 |
| A great day to be out with the birthday boy! |
After the creek, David and his family met up more of his brothers at the restaurant Journey for lunch, while I took the kids back home for Clara's nap. Later that day the crew joined us back at our house for dinner and a little party for David.
\Late that night before I went to bed I wrote out lots of messages on post-it notes and taped them all over the house and in random places, too. Wherever David looked throughout the following days I wanted him to discover another special note to him. For his birthday treat I made mini s'more cups and they were GOOD!
I loved getting to celebrate my sweetheart over and over. He deserved it! Happy 33, dear!
No comments:
Post a Comment