The Saturday before his birthday the four of us headed to downtown Indy. David decided he'd like to tour the War Memorial. Before we made it inside the memorial, however, we stopped to take a dip in the fountain across the street from it. We happened to have our swimsuits with us, so Eli begged to get his suit on and swim! (David went in with him to take pictures.) It was probably against some rule, but nobody said anything to us. As he was swimming he excitedly kept finding coins! I think he thought it was some kind of magical treasure-producing fountain. :)
I had somehow never been to the War Memorial before, and it was huge! Clara liked all the dioramas, and Eli was very fascinated with everything, especially gun and sword displays, and the real helicopter that was on display. Both kids did great for a museum that's not about 'fun.'
After the museum we headed over to the Circle to have a treat at the French bakery Au Bon Pain (David's favorite). Both kids ate chocolate dipped shortbread cookies, and David and I each had a large cherry danish. Yum! I also got a chance to snap a picture of the birthday boy!
There was quite a lot going on downtown, including some fun free activities along the sidewalk by the Circle Monument. Eli enjoyed playing with these large foam legos.
I wish we could have spent more time downtown, but it was still fun to be in the city and be a part of the hustle and bustle for a bit. We spent the rest of the day at my parents, and my mom prepared a wonderful meal and dessert to celebrate David.
No comments:
Post a Comment