Friday, May 5, 2017

Valentine's Day

Eli's kindergarten class had a Valentine party.  I ended up being in charge of it because the Room Mom's child was very sick.  It was fun planning it and putting it together (VERY last-minute), but the actual party game time was so busy that I didn't get to take pictures during the playing.  The kids played a "musical hearts" game, heart-on-a-spoon races, and "pin the lips on Mrs. Valentine" blindfold game.  That last one was the one I led and the kids got such a kick out of it!  It was really cute watching them play.

Eli loves when we come to his class.  He shows me all around and tells me everything about everything!  Before playing games they got to open their Valentine bags and look at the cards they all exchanged and eat some of their goodies.


I made a heart-shaped pizza and decorated the table fancy for dinner.  I gave everyone their little gifts and treats that night.




My other Valentine traditions didn't end up happening til a week later.  I made the cream cheese cherry heart-shaped pastries and all the heart cut-outs with things that I love about each person, posted around the house.  I put Eli's all over his door and of course he still has them up.  :)  David wrote them to me and also wrote some to Eli.  That tradition is always my favorite!  It can be hard during that time of year to feel as much love when David's super busy and stressed at work and gone all the time, and I feel overburdened in my mothering and house duties.  The love hearts were important reminders, and it's always nice to show appreciation for each other.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment