Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gilmore Girls


Even though the series ended three or four years ago, I still have to get my Gilmore Girls fix.  Since we don't have tv, I check the dvds out at the library!  :)  I have seen every episode a hundred times, but I don't think I will ever tire of the show.  Currently I'm at the start of season 7, which means Lorelai and Luke have broken up and she's with Christopher now.  It still KILLS me when she comes to Luke asking to elope and he won't do it, and then he comes back a couple days later ready to go, only to hear she and Chris have gotten together.  Aaahh!  

Gilmore Girls is just brilliant!  The quirky small-town charms, zany characters, witty dialogue, and special bond between mother and daughter make this show irresistable and so fun to watch.  I feel like I, too, am a part of Stars Hollow, and that when I watch the show I'm really just hanging out with my friends.

The only negative comment I have is the females' poor choices when it comes to the men in their lives.  Rory could have done so much better than waste her time with Jess, Logan, and Dean (round 2).  And call me crazy, but I actually hoped Lane would end up falling in love with a "potential Korean doctor."  Lorelai doesn't choose men poorly, but she does make some very poor decisions.

Even with its flaws, Gilmore Girls will always be my favorite show.  And no matter how many times I watch it, it will always make me smile, laugh, tear up, and hold my breath in anticipation.  I'm still holding out hope that one day they will make a movie!  I would love to see Luke and Lorelai get married and start a family, and to see Rory with someone perfect for her. 

"Where you lead, I will follow."



No comments:

Post a Comment