Weight: 23 lbs (17th%)
Height: 32 in (40th%)
Head: 47 cm (27th%)
Clothing size: 12 months in shorts and tops, 18 months in onesies and pjs
Diaper size: 4
We talked about a few different issues. First we addressed Eli's lack of vocabulary. The only words he says regularly are "mama" and "dad." While he's said about 10 other words, I never hear him repeat them. I assume he'll jump into speaking when he feels like it, but I've been wondering if he has OMD, or "tongue thrust," that's preventing him from speaking clearly. His tongue prevented him from being a good nurser, so I'm curious if it's still causing problems for his speech. She suggested having an evaluation by a Speech Pathologist from First Steps.
I also mentioned again how Eli is still so picky and is not accepting of most foods, even though I offer many different things. She told me to cut back on his dairy intake (one of the only things he likes--milk, cheese, and yogurt), and that should help him to be less picky. Hmmm...we'll see about that. I told her how Eli's a gagger, and so she also wants to have a swallowing evaluation done (also by the same), to make sure he's not aspirating when he eats and drinks.
They re-checked his hemoglobin levels, and they were barely above what's okay (even though he's taking an iron supplement), so they ordered a blood test for him (to be done at the hospital) to see if he's actually anemic. He also has a terrible rash all over his back (probably eczema), so she suggested I don't use any creams or washes with fragrances on him.
The appointment gave us some different things to think about. I'm so glad for these periodic check-ups, and so thankful my munchkin is growing and progressing healthy and happily.
No comments:
Post a Comment