One day I got a text from my sister Rebecca that said, "Do you want our piano?" I was a bit perplexed by her question. They had bought a piano for hardly anything a little while back, but wanted to get rid of it because they just didn't have room for it after all. And she was offering it to us, for FREE! Of course we said yes!
This was back before Thanksgiving. I was anxious to get our piano and giddy to play Christmas carols for the whole month of December. Unfortunately we had quite a time of it trying to get help to move it and a date worked out. It wasn't until after Christmas that we finally had a piano in our home.
I quickly sat down and brushed up on my rustiness, and was soon able to collect some favorite music from my parent's house. Immediately upon playing I was so thrilled that we had a piano in our home and that I could fill our home with nice music, and look forward to the time when our children will be learning the notes and keys on there as well.
Eli was also quite excited about our new piano! He absolutely loves sitting on the bench and making up his own songs while "singing" along. Sadly, though, he's not much of a fan of me playing. He gets pretty jealous of the lack of focus on him, and always tries to "add" more notes to my piece, or start yelling so I can't even enjoy the song anymore. However, he does enjoy when I pull out the Primary songbook and play fun songs like "Once There Was a Snowman," "Popcorn Popping," and "Daddy's Homecoming." : )
Our piano will surely be a treasure for a lifetime to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment