- David is in the middle of tax season, which means we aren't seeing much of him. It really isn't nearly as bad as it could be (since he doesn't work for an accounting firm), but it's still hard and we miss him. He generally works about 55 hours/week, although this past week was over 60. YUCK. It's really hard that tax season is in the winter, when we're already stuck inside all the time and racking our brains for things to do. It didn't help that I spent most of that time sick as a dog. This has definitely been the LONGEST winter ever. It's getting harder and harder to be cheerful when you're constantly FREEZING and your kid wants to take forever getting into their carseat. Itching like crazy for that Spring weather to arrive!
- With the start of the new year my Primary calling changed from teaching the CTR 5's to the CTR 7's. This has been a great change! I only have three (sometimes 4) boys, and each of them is as sweet and good and smart as can be. They all come from great families, with parents who have done well at teaching them the Gospel. It's a special age, too, as they all turn 8 this year and therefore get to be baptized! I've been to two of their baptisms already, and I feel privileged to be their teacher at such a great time in their lives.
- David and I celebrated our 4th anniversary in January. My mom came over so we could go out. We went to see Les Mis (neither of us cared much for it, although I've been a fan of the music for years) and ate a nice dinner at the Macaroni Grill.
- Eli and I both really enjoy going visiting teaching. I am super lucky, because all three ladies we visit teach live within a few minutes of us, and all of them have a child Eli's age! My companion is my good friend, who also lives close and has a boy Eli's age. Such a blessing! Eli is always excited to make those visits, and it's really nice to have a chance to talk with other young mothers. I've been babysitting the kids of one of the ladies we visit teach during her prenatal appointments. Sometimes Eli doesn't like it so well when other kids play with his toys, but when those kids come over he does so well! They all get along great without a single issue, and it's fun to have something for us to do, and kids around for Eli to interact with.
- On the flip side, this is also the first time in our married life that we have faithful hometeachers! Nobody ever came to hometeach us the last 4 years! I think home and visiting teaching are incredibly inspired programs, and an important part of fellowshipping and sharing the Gospel. We always enjoy our visits, and Eli loves showing off for our guests. : )
- For Valentine's Day, David brought me home a bouquet the Saturday before (because I gripe about him coming home late and there being poor selections when he picks flowers up the day of). It's always so lovely to have fresh flowers on your table. We both bought each other chocolate, although David completely surprised me with the size of my gourmet chocolates. The biggest box of Russell Stover's! Ooo-lala! I devoured the box in three days, enjoying every last scrumptious morsel, and was very sad to see the last one gone (Was also so glad that my sickness was gone, so I never had to worry about throwing them up!). I made snickerdoodle cookies, but sadly they didn't end up getting turned heart-shaped, and I had another baking catastrophe on my hands very similar to last year's Red Velvet debacle. I tried a new dinner recipe, Garlic Parmesan Chicken, and when David came home I had heart-attacked the kitchen wall with love notes from me and Eli. I also heart-attacked Eli's toy area with hearts for him. I read Eli's hearts to him, and he still loves to talk about "Daddy's Hearts" and "Eli's Hearts." : ) David was sweet and also wrote out some hearts for me. : ) The Saturday after V-Day my mom came up and babysat while David and I enjoyed a yummy (and free!) dinner at Chili's, along with some shopping down in Castleton. We rarely go out just the two of us, but it's nice when we do.
You are now caught up on our "happenings," and I feel I have some semblance of a journal. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment