Earlier this month, David took a day off work so the three of us could spend the day at the zoo together! It was the perfect day! The weather was just right, Eli was excited about being there, and we all enjoyed our time together. On our way we listened to Raffi's "We're Going to the Zoo" and that just helped to build up our enthusiasm and anticipation for going ourselves! I asked David how long it had been since he'd been to that zoo, and he replied "sometime in the '90s." Haha! So it was definitely time for a visit. : )
We spent several hours at the zoo, and I think we made it all the way around! I thought with the cloudy weather that all of the big animals would be out and about. Unfortunately some were still sleeping, but we had fun anyway.
Eli was funny. He'd lean over so far to see the animals and kept saying, "I wanna go in there!" He especially wanted to "go in there" if there was water of any kind. He thought all the waterfalls looked like so much fun! Just didn't quite understand the whole "that animal would eat you if you went in there."
Brought the stroller, but of course Eli preferred walking.
Enjoying the walruses--
Got a fun close-up of the polar bear as the workers were feeding it--
Checkin' out the jellyfish--
Eli had fun taking a a break to play on the slides at the playground inside the zoo.
We loved the dolphin show! Had great seats and they are such fun entertainment.
Here's a great video David took of the dolphin show that makes you feel like you were there! They sure are impressive animals.
The flamingos were one of our favorites of the day. I've never realized what funny creatures they are! Some were chasing each other, and I noticed for the first time that they drink water with their heads upside down!
Eli's favorite part of the day was definitely the train ride! We took the train ride around the Plains animals, but then still decided to walk around to see them more close-up. Eli did NOT want to leave the train when it was over. It was actually a bit of a struggle with him after it was over (luckily it was almost the last thing we did).
I LOVE this picture of the boys! Definitely one to be framed.
After the zoo we stopped inside the Butterfly Gardens, also inside the White River State Park. David got some nice shots--
I'm so glad we had this special day to enjoy the zoo as a family. It will always be a fun memory, and I look forward to many future visits!
















No comments:
Post a Comment