- So our big news as of late is that we've had a total ant INVASION! It has been one of the most stressful things for me! We came home the Sunday night after General Conference to ants in every one of the rooms in our house (no joke). Kitchen, foyer, both bathrooms, our room, Eli's room. What the heck? I immediately just tried killing every ant in sight, but of course that proved frustrating and fruitless, since a new army would appear where the old ones were destroyed. The next day David bought some ant hotels and placed them throughout the house, but I don't really think they do much. Now my house is not spotless, but I think I do a pretty good job of keeping it clean (probably about as well as a mother can do who has a toddler making new messes and bringing crumbs with him everywhere he goes). Since that time I've been trying so much harder to keep every little crumb and every piece of trash and so on cleaned up. Even with all my hard work the ants are still here. While I'm not scared of the ants, it just makes me feel so dirty having them throughout my house, like I have lice or termites. Eli has been so funny about the ants! He loves to point them out, lay down flat on his tummy, and watch them move. He will grab a shoe and try to whack them, then bring out his vacuum to "clean them up." He says they're hungry, but luckily doesn't try to feed them. : ) The first night we were dealing with their troubles I was so stressed out and had my hand on my head in frustration. Eli said, "Don't worry, Mommy, I make them happy." Too cute! If any of you have great tips and tricks for getting rid of ants, please--send them my way!
- I've attended two baby showers for girls in my ward, and given gifts to two others. That's four new babies, with at least 5 more on the way this year! Yep, our ward is a baby-popping machine! It'll be nice to have so many other moms to compare notes with, and especially nice for those kids to have so many friends to grow up with.
- My older sister, Elizabeth, has recently gotten into a reading craze. She's never been much of a reader, but somehow she's really gotten into regency romance, and keeps reading one after another. I've always loved to immerse myself in a good book, but don't do so nearly enough. One of the first books Beth said I just had to read was Edenbrooke, by Julianne Donaldson. I wasn't getting to it in a timely manner, so she mailed me a copy! Haha. I read it and of course fell in love with it, and wished I could go back to that time period and be wooed by the dashingly romantic and sentimental Philip. I was sad when it was over, and maybe would have read it all over again, if I hadn't been asked to pass it along to another sister to read. : ) I just finished reading I Didn't Plan to Be a Witch (And Other Surprises of a Joyful Mother), by Linda Eyre. I laughed out loud from many of her humorous anecdotes, and took much of her wisdom to heart. I plan on buying many more of her and her husband's excellent parenting books.
- David missed the deadline to have his four CPA tests completed, so he had to start them all over again (he had already taken every test, just not passed them all yet). So he took the second one for the 2nd time in April. He passed, hooray! #3 test is scheduled for the end of August. Oh, how blessed will be the day when those darn tests are no longer a part of our life!!
- Even though we've been back in Indiana for three years now, I've still had an Idaho driver's license this whole time. It doesn't expire until later this summer, so I didn't feel the need to update it. Well, the problem is that you can't check things out from the library with an out-of-state license. I finally got around to reading the driver's manual (I had to take the written test, and needed a refresher on the material), and made it over to the BMV. Of course when I got there I was told that I was missing a required item of identity, so I wasn't able to get my license quite yet. Luckily they still let me take the test. Somehow, even though Eli was being a terror as I held him on my lap complete with snacks and toys, I passed it, and thankfully won't have to mess with that annoying hassle again!
- David and I were able to attend the temple with his parents last month. My parents kindly watched Eli at their house for the day. We had a really nice drive and an enjoyable session. We don't make it there as often as we'd like or should, but it's always nice when we do.
- A couple Saturdays ago my family in Indiana (my parents, sister, Rebecca, and brother-in-law), participated in the Walk MS downtown Indy, in honor of my sister, Emily. It was a perfect day for a walk--clear and a little cool. We walked 3 miles and it was a great experience! There was a huge turn-out, and it was neat to see so many people in support of MS (multiple sclerosis). I've always had great admiration for Emily, and I'm thankful we could do this in her honor.
When we walked by the Herron School of Art, Eli noticed this fun igloo design in the lawn and wanted to stop by and play in it. : )
- After the MS Walk, David and I took Eli to the Children's Museum. He had a grand ol' time, as always!
Eli hates having to take turns with the bulldozer, and was a little disappointed it wouldn't move.
He was a big fan of playing in the sand!
| Doggie Eli : ) |
There was a worker lady sitting on the floor with a bunch of different instruments. Eli sat down right in front of her and tried out several instruments. She was very nice and tried teaching him about the different sounds that the instruments made. He really enjoyed it!
Working together to pick up the mulch.
Eli did NOT want to get off this little digger. It was a bit hard to use, but he put his whole body into it and managed to pick up a few scoops!
The last exhibit we saw was the Hot Wheels. It's not the most interesting to me, but the boys sure liked it!
Had this big car all to himself for awhile, because he didn't want to let anyone else drive!
Too cool for a smile. : )
We're finally enjoying a beautiful Spring, and look forward to more fun activities ahead!

No comments:
Post a Comment