Monday, December 16, 2013

Birthday Boy!

We have a THREE-YEAR-OLD!  Can you believe it?!  When asked how old he is, Eli will stick out his whole hand and announce, "Thwee!"  : )  We hosted some family at our house for a little birthday party.  It was a 'construction' theme, which was perfectly fitting for our lover-of-"things-that-go"-boy.



Eli was pretty darn overtired before his party had even begun, so he was actually rather cranky and bossy.  :/  Sorry, family!  Moving into a toddler bed and therefore getting up an hour earlier and taking no rest during the day has really taken a toll on him.  Plus he woke up sick a couple days after his party, so that helps explain his poor behavior.
Reading his birthday card
Opening presents.  Received a car garage, duplo legos, a basketball hoop, some board games, jammies, a stuffed panda, a book, and some race tracks.  He loves all of his presents!


Eli's present from us.  He's been begging for one of these since at least this Spring when we saw one in every person's garage at yard sales.  : )  For months when I've asked him what he wants for his birthday he'd say, "Hmm...maybe a big car to drive in!"  So the boy got his wish!  And man was he excited!!  After his birthday was over and I was talking about the different presents he received, I asked him, "What'd Mom and Dad give you?"  He responded, "nothing."  So I made sure he knew that this special car was from us, and that Daddy built it just for him.  Now he proudly tells me throughout the day, "This is my cozy coup car.  Daddy built it for me."  Whenever I tell him we're going to go somewhere he yells, "But I don't wanna leave my cozy coup car!"  Sounds like a winner to me!  : )


The brown sprinkles was supposed to represent dirt for the trucks.   : )  My cupcakes were so delicious!  Hooray!

Enjoying his goodies, though he only ate a couple bites.  : )
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY, ELI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment