Monday, June 16, 2014

A Marriage Celebration

A couple weeks ago, an old friend from my church's Young Women program got married.  She had a reception in Greenwood, at the Southern Dunes Clubhouse.  This was the same location as OUR reception, five years prior!  It felt fun and special to be back again.

The night of our reception was freezing, wet, and dark.  As it was the 3rd of January, we had a snowflake theme, and also decorated with Christmas trees.

My friend Rachel's reception was on a perfect Spring evening.  Her colors, flowers, and decorations were lovely and romantic, and felt like ones I would have chosen if I hadn't been married in the dead of winter.  : )

David and I had to drive an hour away to attend the reception, so we had to go kid-less.  We sat with my mom and had an enjoyable time together.  My friend looked breathtaking in her gorgeous lace gown.

The party favors were chocolate mustaches and pink lip suckers.  David wanted to have a little fun with them--

I know I look ridiculous.  I am no model, and had no idea what kind of face to make.  Doesn't David look great, though?  :)  This picture was actually two separate pictures, but David edited us together.  What a smartie.
 While we were there we went out on the golf course and had my mom snap our picture.


Even though we had to miss the cake, ice cream bar, and dancing (being an hour away makes things a little trickier), we still had a grand time!  Always special to feel all the love in the air from a newly married couple.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment