The Sunday after Eli's birthday, we celebrated with both grandparents and Becky at our house. The party theme was "Bumblebee--Rescue Bot style." We decorated with Transformers and I made a cake, then David and Grandma Hayes made Bumblebee's car.
I shamefully had no prior experience in cake-decorating. I made my frosting, but didn't realize it was too wet until it was time to decorate the sides and it wouldn't stay on! I quickly tried thickening it, but even "patching" the frosting together didn't work well, and my cake was fairly embarrassing. I never realized before how much of an art cake decorating is! And like any art, it makes a world of difference to have the right tools. I plan on becoming much better at my cakes!
We ate a nice dinner, then it was time to open gifts! I believe Eli received everything he wanted--and more! He loved his new drill, snow-white airplane, Frozen dvd, awesome and beautiful quilt his Grandma made, his Veggie Tales characters, and his two favorite Rescue Bots--Heatwave and Bumblebee!
| Clara was a sweetie and loved the party, too (especially the cake!) Right after this she had a HUGE poop explosion all over my dad! |
We love our birthday boy, and can't believe he's 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment