The day before his birthday, I let Eli pick out a balloon at Kroger. He just saw Frozen for the first time over Thanksgiving, so that's the balloon he wanted. We also picked out some cupcakes for his party. (I thought it'd be better to buy 6 than make 24.)
We had a birthday sign and some balloons out when he woke up, and I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then it was time to get our party on!
Next we played "Pin a nose
on the snowman." Apparently
I didn't turn the kids around enough, because most of the carrots ended up in the same spot!
Afterwards we built our own snowmen with marshmallows, white melted chocolate, and chocolate chips. It was pretty hard for the kids to do, but their impatience might have stemmed from them just wanting to eat it!
I told the guests no presents were necessary, but one boy kindly brought Eli a bug matching game. It was hard for him to wait to open it! It was also difficult to wait til the end to eat the cupcakes. :)
Once the kids had their first dose of sugar in, we attempted ice skating on paper plates, but most of the kids just wanted to play with the toys. It was definitely challenging to throw a party for 3-4-year olds! Their attention span was short, and they didn't enjoy watching kids take turns for the games, and having to wait for their own turn. I think I'll try to avoid throwing big kid parties for as long as I can!
;)
Finally it was cupcake time! We lit a candle and sang to Eli. His lips got so close to the candle while he was blowing it out. I'm surprised they weren't singed!
There was some REALLY powerful dye in the frosting on those cupcakes. Those with blue frosting turned into smurfs! Haha!
All in all, Eli had a fun time, and I'm glad we could do something to help make his day special.
No comments:
Post a Comment