We had never been there before, and it was just over two hours of a drive. We were there on a Monday and Tuesday. And while there were plenty of other people there, it never felt over-crowded. Good to get there before school was out for everyone else!
The kids were so, so excited! We could not get in the pool fast enough! The pool facilities were very nice with lots to do for the different ages. We swam for a few hours late Monday afternoon, and then ate a pizza dinner at the lodge. We didn't take any pictures that first day. Eli made fast friends with a boy named Abe. They played and played together at the water park. Then after dinner Abe's parents paid for the boys to play games in the arcade room together, as they were celebrating Abe's 5th birthday. Eli really had a fantastic time, happy as a clam.
Clara also loved our trip and her time in the pool. She especially loved the toddler area and this one orange slide. She'd walk over to it, sit down, slide, clap her hands with glee, and repeat over and over and over. :) I'm glad she was also willing to try most other things, although she'd always ask to go back to the "little slide."
| Sitting on the fountains :) |
| Watching the waves come up in the wave pool! They were pretty strong for Clara! Eli loved to hold one of my hands and then use his other hand to "chop" the incoming waves. He was pretty humorous. |
| Clara & Mommy taking a ride down the lazy river. Eli preferred to dog paddle/float himself down it. :) |
| Eli's never had swim lessons, but he LOVES the water and is a good little swimmer. |
David thought it'd be fun to try this game where you try to make it across all the floating devices without falling down. Much harder than he thought it would be! Here he is taking off. Poor guy wore his glasses that day, I'm sure that didn't make it easier. It was fun to watch him!
Eli gave the game a turn, too! He did really well!
After Clara did the obstacle course game with Dad, she wanted Mom to do it with her. I had to go to the bathroom, and when I told her that I'd go to the bathroom first and then come back and do it with her, that was not a good enough answer. She started into a complete and total meltdown. Finally I decided to try to just hold off going to the bathroom and take her to play, but by then she was too far gone. I knew the ONLY thing that would get her to calm back down was to have her paci. We had already checked out and all of our things were in the car. David so kindly went out to get it. The whole time he was gone Clara kept up with her meltdown. She wouldn't let me anywhere near her. When I'd come to her she'd push me away and cry, "Go to the bathroom!" I knew she was so overtired (we were swimming during what would usually be her naptime), so I felt sorry for her. When we finally got her paci and blankie I took her to sit down and shared some cuddles. I was a little worried that after that incident she wouldn't want to swim anymore. Thankfully though she did get back in the water after some time. Phew!
Right before we left the waterpark Eli took me over to see the humongous bucket that spills out 1,000 gallons of water. It was so cool to see! So we waited there for it to fill back up so we could get splashed by it! Right before the big tip Eli ran off so he wouldn't get hit by it! Clara stayed with me and we got fairly wet!
The lodge was very family-oriented and had several activities for kids. At 8:00 p.m. on our first night there was a special Storytime. David and Eli attended it while I put Clara to bed. The kids both participated in a Wolf Walk the following morning, got to watch a balloon lady make them some balloons (Eli got a sword and Clara a dog). Then there was also a Clock Tower Show that they watched.
There was no continental breakfast, but there was a buffet to eat at at the Lodge. It felt kind of like we were on a cruise, as you see the same people again and again. We really filled up our stomachs with lots and lots of yummy food so it could last us through much of the day of swimming and not eating til later So while we were having breakfast, Abe's family walked in and told us that Abe hadn't stopped talking about Eli, and wondering about Eli. It was cute. :) The boys picked up where they left off.
While I was packing up our stuff to check out before we swam on the 2nd day, David took the kids around for pictures. The Lodge provided these wolf ears to the kids. Eli wore his the entire trip (when not swimming), and for several days after we got home. (He is also still wearing his Lodge bracelet, weeks later.)
| This picture made it look like Clara was doing some howling of her own. :) |
| Cute little wolf. |
We had such a great trip to Great Wolf Lodge! I'm so thankful that we could have that special time together as a family. The kids made lasting memories (Eli told every single stranger in sight about his time at the Lodge following our visit), and can't wait for a return visit someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment