We drove to my parents after church on Sunday the 3rd. The kids got right to playing. Clara loves the attention of her older cousins, and everyone played well together. It was fun to share Ezra with everyone, and Becky and Jeri loved holding him.
Because the cousins were visiting and my parents were going to be doing fireworks in their yard, we let Eli stay up late to watch the fireworks for the first time. (Clara we put to bed. She can definitely NOT handle a late night.) The kids started with doing sparklers. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize Eli wasn't wearing shoes. I was inside feeding Ezra and Eli came in upset because he had gotten some minor burns on his foot. :( Poor thing.
| Grandpa in charge of the fireworks and sparklers. |
| Ezra's 1st Fourth! He was fussy, but I thankfully had "Becky the Baby Whisperer" around. :) |
Our CA/TX cousins had never had the experience of catching lightning bugs before! They were all pretty excited for the opportunity. Grammie gave them each a jar to hold their bugs in. It was cute watching them run around the yard in pursuit of the bugs that glow. It was Eli's first time, too!
The loud noise of the fireworks made Eli pretty nervous, so he stayed close and sat on my lap while we watched. Eventually he moved to the garage to sit instead because he was so worried, but he still really enjoyed them. I love the following pictures and how they capture how mesmerized he was. :)
Early the next morning the whole gang (minus me and Ezra) went to Lake Monroe in Bloomington to go boating! My parents rented a party boat and a jet ski. They took turns on the jet ski, and all rode on the boat and went tubing. I would have gone if Ezra was a bit older, but a newborn on a boat just isn't the best idea, as they have to be in a lifevest the whole time, which he's too small for and would be hard to nurse in. So I was a bit bummed to miss out on watching Eli and Clara with that experience, but I'm glad they could go and have a fun time still without me.
They LOVED boating! Eli loved flying across the water on the jet ski, and Clara liked tubing. They both came home super exhausted. I'm also glad David could go and do something fun, since that kind of stuff doesn't happen too often for him.
| Eli and best buddy Tori |
| The older cousins love playing and helping with Clara. |
| Grandpa steering the boat |
| Clara got pretty tired out on the water! |
We enjoyed playing together back at the house that afternoon, before everyone had to head home. It was a great visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment