There were supposed to be two different age groups, but somehow Clara rode with the older kids (I think she was just completely confused and overwhelmed so finally someone probably said, "Go!" to her when she didn't go with the first group.)
Eli was over-the-moon excited. He had been practicing his trike-riding for many days in advance and was fast as lightning!
| Waiting to ride to their starting position! |
Eli was very close to 1st place! He rode his heart out!
Poor little Clara. She was stuck in that older group and they all zoomed way past her. I was across from her in this picture cheering so loudly for her. She smiled at me and I thought she was having a good time. But I guess when David went to get her from the finish line she was bawling. She was scared because nobody was there for her! We'll have to make sure that one of us stays at the finish line next year!
It was a fun event, and they loved receiving their big medals for participating (which we somehow forgot to get a picture of)!
No comments:
Post a Comment