Tuesday, December 19, 2017

First Grade Festivities!

Each grade at the elementary school has one big performance that they put on in the year.  For first grade it's the Fall Frolic.  For weeks and weeks the children practiced (in Music and Gym classes) several different dances.  On performance day they invited all the children's families to watch them (and participate in dancing for some of them).  It was held outside in a back parking lot (and turned out to be a VERY hot day!).

This was SUCH a fun event! I loved that our whole family could be involved. David took off work early to join us.  He held Ezra and we all danced together for several songs.  Clara was in her happy place getting to dance to her heart's delight.  And Eli was so sweet and really loved having us there.

Here are a few videos of the dancing--




Another event at Eli's school was Wellness Day.  It's a 'Leader in Me' school, so everything they do is based off of Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  Wellness Day was time spent outside, participating in a variety of activities that connected to the 7 Habits.  I brought the little kids and we spent that time doing the activities with Eli.

Yoga poses-


Brotherly love!  (Doesn't happen too often.)

Walk in the woods

They did some jazzercise.  Clara loved it! Eli had a scowl on his face, haha. Here's a cute video of Clara:

Eli had recess and then lunch right after the Wellness Event, so we ended up staying for all three!  I really enjoyed seeing Eli play at recess and watching him interact with his friends.  I even got to see him play gaga ball, his favorite!


All of the 1st grade girls LOVE Ezra!  They all wanted to play with him at recess.  Eli took a break from playing and went down the slide with Ezra.  Ez was all smiles!


I am always grateful for the time I can spend with my kids at school.  It helps me feel connected to that other world they're a part of, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment