That Wednesday morning of the dress rehearsal I told Eli that Clara and I would be coming to hear him sing. I let him believe it was his real concert, so he wanted to dress extra nice in his church clothes.
He was so cute walking in and onto the stage with the other kids. I could tell how happy he was that we were there. I was pleased and impressed to see him actually singing the songs! He did a terrific job.
There were a couple of humorous instances. The little girl in front of him kept moving up to stand on his step. Every time she did that he'd make a look like, "What in the world are you doing on my step?!" But he handled it so well, just tried to ignore it.
Also, during the song "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" a different girl in front of him would wack him (or come close to it) every time they sang the chorus and made a circle over their heads for the world. She got very carried away and he would just try to casually move himself out of the way. I couldn't stop laughing during that song. :)
They performed LOTS of songs, but I'm just including three.
No comments:
Post a Comment