Monday, March 21, 2016

Winter at Home

This post has been waiting around for a while, but here are some pictures taken while hanging out over our winter. 

On a hike with the Preschool Nature Kids at our local Nature Center.
Both kids love climbing up on the changing table,.  Eli kindly helps Clara get back down.
Clara playing night-night in a box.
A cute video of Clara in the box.

Kids loving on each other while sick.
Clara wearing Daddy's shoes.  She loves trying on EVERYONE'S shoes in the house.
Playing in the Target dollar section.  The other day when we drove past Target Clara yelled out, "TARGET!!!  I love Target!!"  I don't even go that often!  But I love it, too.  :)
They're either having a grand time together or fussing and fighting with each other..  It's usually dependent on Eli's mood and whether or not he wants to play with Clara.
Both kids are very proud of their somersaults.  Though Clara's not quite there yet.  :)




Clara is usually quiet and plays super well on her own.  So if she's quiet in a different room than me I' don't usually worry.  This instance I should have checked sooner.  Climbed onto her changing table and poured all the baby powder everywhere.
Eli (and Clara) love to help in the kitchen.  Eli always wants to spice and stir everything.  When doing so he then takes credit for the "great meal I made!"
We had the baby bath out for a couple days after loaning it to someone.  Clara made her own game of pirate ship in it.  :)



Our winter was pretty mild!  Hardly any snow.  Were able to make it to the park a few times!




Clara loves getting to have a little bit of show time with Eli.

Playing with Iron Man and Anna.  :)

We have another dress-up lover in the house!  Clara put together this funny get-up.
It amazes me how much time both kids spend looking at books.  We get about 25 books from the library each week.  Clara especially spends TONS of time looking at the books.  I have been very grateful for those books time and time again.  She even does her own little "spin" on looking at her books on occasion, such as holding a magnifying glass up to the pages, flipping the pages while simultaneously looking in a mirror she was holding, and showing the pictures to her baby doll.  :)
Eli is certainly a boy who wants to pick out his clothes himself.  It's sometimes hard for me to  let him wear half jammies or mismatched clothes out (especially to school), but I try not to fuss about it so he can feel happy with his own choices.  Here's what he wore one Saturday on a trip to Kroger with Dad.  And this was March, not December.  :)  

We are definitely ready and looking forward to lots of outside play!

No comments:

Post a Comment