Friday, September 23, 2016

My "3 Loves of Clara"

I love the birthday tradition of writing the number of things you love about your child with their corresponding age.  So here are my "3 loves of Clara" for her three years of age, along with pictures David took of her at the creek earlier this summer.


1. She has a smile and twinkle in her eyes that lights up any room and any bad mood.  Clara really is a mostly cheerful girl who finds fun easily and gets excited about little things.  She is often quiet around strangers but will still give a great big smile with tongue sticking out.  Sometimes when I'm feeling worn out and cranky and just "done," seeing her sweet smile and innocence reminds me to also try to keep up being positive and to remember that she's watching everything I do and to set a good example for her.



2. She is quick to apologize.  Clara has no trouble saying "I'm sorry," and that's a very admirable trait. Even if she wasn't to blame, she always says sorry when something sad happened.  She notices when others are upset and tries to help them feel better.  Whenever she hears a child crying she gets a worried look on her face and tells me, "They're sad."  If I'm upset by something she sympathetically tells me, "Oh, that's too bad."  I'm glad she lets go of hard feelings by forgiving easily, and can show compassion to others.



3. She has a tender heart and is full of love.  She really loves her family members and her special toys and is (mostly) very sweet to them.  She gives wonderful hugs and snuggles.  She probably has the best success with changing Eli's funky mood because she'll go up and hug him and say "I lub you, Eli"  Lately when we're out and about together she'll randomly say, "I lub you, Mom."  It's very heart -melting.


Clara is so easy to love, and we are so grateful she is a part of our family.  I hope I can raise her in a way that she will always see all the outstanding qualities and beautiful potential that lies within her.

No comments:

Post a Comment