Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Christmas!

It's hard to remember the details of a holiday that happened months ago!  We had a very nice Christmas, but looking through photos I was bummed that we didn't take more/better pictures!

The kids and I read lots and lots of Christmas stories.  We also did our "25 days of Christ" scripture-reading each evening.  I stopped keeping Clara up for scriptures because she was so darn tired that she couldn't sit still to focus.  Instead we just read them with Eli and it goes much better!  We had some good teaching moments on the life of our Savior that month.

Clara and I loved making gingerbread houses with our Joy School friends!  I sadly don't have pictures of it but it was a fun activity.  My friend made homemade gingerbread and frosting for us to work with.  It was my first time putting one together and I snipped the hole for my frosting bag way too wide so our house was pretty gloppy and not the slightest bit beautifully artistic like the others.  Thankfully at least Clara was content just eating all of the candy decorations!  :)

Eli's class at school also made little gingerbread houses out of graham crackers.  His teacher invited parents to come in and help, so the kids and I had a great time joining Eli in his classroom.


We always spend Christmas Eve at my parents.  So we have our own Christmas at our house before we go.  Eli was ready for Santa, and was certain he'd spot him while wearing his mining helmet and night-vision goggles.  :)


The kids were so excited to open their gifts!


Clara's "big" gift was a dollhouse.  Eli got a pirate set that included this cool spyglass.



The kids each got to open a pair of jammies and a new book on Christmas Eve at my parent's.


We enjoyed acting out the Nativity, with cute Clara as Mary and Eli a Wise Man.  (Video below)






We went to church on Christmas morning, then back to my parents to open presents.





We gathered with the Hayes clan for Christmas a few days past.



Baby's First Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment