Weight: 20 lb. (13th %)
Length: 29.75 in (49th %)
Head: 45.2 cm (17th %)
He's strong and healthy, even if he is on the scrawnier side. : ) When he was getting his physical exam, they discovered a few problems. First, he has an ear infection. : ( Maybe that's why he looked so gloomy at his birthday party, although he didn't have a fever or show any signs of being sick. I'm so grateful we had the appointment when we did so we could treat the infection before it gets too bad. Second, Eli has to be referred to a urologist for some male problems. He's had trouble with adhesions since he was born, but now not even the doctor could get it to pull apart. Third, when they tested his hemoglobin it was a little low, so now he has to take an iron supplement. With the addition of shots, it certainly wasn't the funnest of appointments! But as I said, he just did wonderful the whole time and took all the pinching, poking, and prodding like a champ!
Eli was in his regular cheery, silly mood yesterday after the appointment. But unfortunately the ear pain kicked in at night. He woke up crying at 2:00 a.m.. At first I tried just giving him some Advil and rocking him back to sleep. He woke up again, so then I gave him a bottle. When he woke up for the third time, I didn't know what to do! Normally we would just let him cry because he'd go back to sleep shortly, but he was howling so badly I knew that wouldn't work. I turned on his light and we rocked in his chair and read books for a while. He wasn't crying when I was holding him, so I don't think the pain was too bad, I think he just didn't feel well and needed some extra cuddles. Even though I barely got a wink of sleep, I basked in the opportunity I had to snuggle with my one-year-old boy, hold him close, and kiss his soft baby cheeks.
What a rough day for poor, little Eli! Glad you were able to catch the ear infection early. So sad that he wakes up at night from it :( That is one thing Bailey hasn't been through yet, surprisingly. But I know what you mean with getting those extra cuddles. Bailey woke up the other night (which is rare now) with growing pains and I was excited that I got to go rock her and cuddle with her (which is also very rare now). They grow way too fast!
ReplyDelete