Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Toughest, Craziest, BEST Year of My Life

The time has come.  As much as I try to hold on tight and keep him my little baby forever, Eli just keeps on getting older.
  ONE YEAR OLD.  
I have been reflecting a lot on this past year recently, looking at pictures, reading through journals.  Although I would love to forget the details of that day (at least the painful ones),  ; ) it has been clear in my mind.  So many times it's felt like ages ago, but today it feels like it all happened in the blink of an eye.  

Was he ever really this small?



For what seemed like the longest time, life was a hazy blur of sleep-deprivation.  Once it finally got straightened out, I felt like I could thoroughly enjoy my child.  
And that's how it's been.  This boy is simply a delight!  Take a look back with me.  How could I not LOVE spending all my days with him?




















      You never realize how selfish you were until you become a parent.  At first you can't believe that this new little child has completely consumed your time (and thoughts).  You start to wonder if you ever even had a life before he entered it.  But what a marvelous gift you've been given! It's true what they say: You love those you serve.  Maybe that's why we parents love our children so much, because we never stop serving them, never stop wanting to make them happy.  Being a parent brings so much more meaning, compassion, and zest to life.  One thing's for sure: once you become a parent, nothing you did in your past means anywhere near as much as what you are doing in your present, and what you are building and creating for your future.

Happy Birthday, Baby!  Always remember how much you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. "once you become a parent, nothing you did in your past means anywhere near as much as what you are doing in your present, and what you are building and creating for your future."

    Well said Laura!

    ReplyDelete