Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Candle

Every year of my childhood that I can remember, my mom, younger sister, and I would read one scripture a night for the 25 days leading up to Christmas.  Each scripture was about a characteristic of Christ, and we always read by candlelight.  This was a beloved tradition of mine, one that's good on focusing on the true meaning of Christmas.
I'm excited that we were able to start this tradition in our home this year.  We showed Eli a picture of Jesus (whom he loves to see, and always pretends to feed), and told him that for the whole month we would be reading special scriptures about Jesus.  He was SO excited that we lit a candle, and very cutely attempted to blow it out when we were done.  : )
I thought I'd share the Christmas Candle scripture list, in case any of you readers would also like to start this tradition in your own homes.

Christmas Candle

Each evening this Christmas season, turn your lights low and read, by the glow of a candle, about the life and characteristics of our Savior.

December 1---------John 13:15---------Example
December 2---------Matthew 18:4---------Humility
December 3----------Colossians 3:13---------Forgiveness
December 4--------1 Corinthians 16:14--------Charity
December 5-----------John 12:26-----------Service
December 6----------James 2:18------------Faith
December 7----------Colossians 3:20-----------Obedience
December 8-----------Matthew 5:9-------------Peacemaking
December 9----------Mark 5:19-----------Compassion
December 10-----------Luke 6:36------------Mercy
December 11-----------Daniel 6:26-----------Steadfastness
December 12---------Matthew 5:48-----------Good Works
December 13----------Leviticus 19:2----------Holiness
December 14----------Matthew 5:48----------Perfection
December 15----------Hebrews 6:15--------A friend
December 16---------John 15:14----------Pure in heart
December 17-----------Matthew 5:8----------Enduring
December 18--------1 Corinthians 13:7----------Wise
December 19----------Proverbs 1:5-----------Judging Not
December 20-----------Romans 14:13----------Showing Love
December 21-----------John 15:12-----------A Leader
December 22-----------Proverbs 4:11----------Honest
December 23---------Philippians 4:8------------The Chosen
December 24------------Luke 2:11------------Meekness
December 25-----------Matthew 11:29-----------Patience



Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment