Monday, December 3, 2012

San Francisco!

Saturday was our big touring day of San Francisco!  Woohoo!  I never before knew how super popular that city is (or how beautiful and interesting!  SO MUCH stuff to do and see there, it would take days!).  The weather was just perfect--sunny and 60 degrees.

Our first stop was at Pier 39, where the kiddos happened upon a merry-go-round, so of course they wanted a ride!

Eli and I weren't in a great spot for David to get a very good picture, but Eli loved it!
Holly and Adam rode right behind us, and both kids were beaming the whole time!


We checked out the sea lions.  I told Eli Sammy the Seal was out there, too.  : )  


He looks grumpy, but he enjoyed it.  : )



You can hardly see it here, but that's Alcatraz.




Playing in a fountain in Ghiradelli Square.  We all stopped inside their restaurant, and David, Eli, and I shared a chocolate shake.  Super rich and creamy, mmmm!


Eli especially loved San Fran because of all the transportation he saw!  Trolleys, buses, trams, boats, you name it!  "Trolley" became his favorite word of the day."  : )


Super hilly!  We tried driving down Lombard Street on our way out, but it was way too packed.  Another time!


I really loved exploring a small part of San Francisco.  I'm so glad we got the chance to do so, because I don't know if David and I will ever get there on our own.  A very cool city, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment