Monday, December 31, 2012

Two-Year-Old Stats, Favorites, and Photos

Eli had his two-year check-up right after his birthday.  It went great!  We got to meet with our new pediatrician since moving, and I really liked her and she was easy to talk to.  I told her about Eli's picky eating habits and asked if I should be giving him vitamin supplements.  But after checking him over and testing his iron she thought he looked great and must be getting what he needs.

Eli only had to have one shot and he didn't cry at all!  It was nice they could give it while he was sitting up in my lap, which seemed to help.  Eli's had a yucky rash all over his male parts for weeks.  The dr. suggested putting aquaphor on it, but it still hasn't gone away.  I'm curious if something in his diet is causing it.  Luckily he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but it does look painful.

Although Eli seemed a bit more in the "average" range in size at 18 months, apparently now that he's 2 the charts change and he's back on the tiny side.  Here are his stats:

Weight: 24 lbs (10th%)
Height: 33 1/2 in (25th%)
Head: 15 cm (10th%)
Diaper size: 4 (been in them for a LONG time)
Clothes: 18-24 months/2T
Sleeps: 12+ hr night, 2 hr nap

Since this is a year post, I thought I'd include some of his "favorites."

  • Favorite foods: vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, chocolate
  • Favorite drink: apple juice
  • Favorite book: Changes often, but currently on a MAJOR Curious George kick.  He received a treasury of Curious George for Christmas and we read them ALL THE TIME.  Also loves Busy ABCs and Things That Go: A Traveling ABC book.
  • Favorite toys: trucks/cars/things with wheels, duplo legos, and kitchen items
  • Favorite show: Kipper
  • Favorite song: "I Am a Child of God"
  • Favorite animal: dog
  • Favorite phrase: "Me do it."
  • Favorite "lovie": Pacifier (Gonna be tough to kick that thing!)  Also enjoys any soft blanket, but prefers his ducky/frog one with Spot Dog
Pushing around his shopping cart from Grammie Metheny!  Usually just likes to dump out the groceries after I've put them in. 


Doing a fun science experiment with Dad!  They put these tiny balls in water, place them in and out of a test tube, and they slowly expand.  Eli LOVES it and wants to play with them all the time!



Loving 1st Mcdonalds playplace!
Fun with playdoh!
Eli is really not liking his highchair anymore, and always wants to sit in the big chair.  Guess it's about time we buy a booster seat!

Wanted to wear my apron.  Such a big kitchen helper!





Eli's doing phenomenal with his speech!  He says little sentences like "Feel better, Mommy" and"Thank you, Daddy".  He's imitating and repeating everything we say.  He also sometimes talks in 3rd person, such as "Eli ____________."  : )

Always putting our shoes on...
Reading books...






1st Xmas cookie batch with Mommy!
Even though Eli is becoming increasingly more independent and wants to try to do everything himself, he's also very affectionate and loves cuddle time.  He gives lots of hugs, and loves cuddling while watching shows, reading books, and singing before bed.  He is also quite fond of holding hands.  He always wants to hold my hand for a minute when I put him in bed, and he loves to hold my hand when we're driving in the car (and I'm a passenger).  It's very soothing to him, and often calms him down if he's upset.

Ready for golf!
Cooking something yummy!



David's camera was set up in the living room one evening, so Eli went over to it, put the strap around his neck, and pretended to take pictures. So cute!


Tonight when we were at my parent's house eating dinner, we heard some neighbors doing fireworks.  Eli bounced his head up at the noise and yelled "Boom!" every time he heard them.  He was instantly fascinated and wanted to see what was making such a big sound.  We looked out the window and watched an awesome display of fireworks!  It was the first time Eli's ever seen them, and after a few minutes he seemed so overcome with joy that it gave him the giggles!  I think I liked his performance even better than the one in the sky!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment