We got a late start that day because the weather started cold and rainy, so we only went around a few of the spots. Actually, we didn't have a map or anything, so we still don't know what all was there and what we missed!
We walked for a little at the actual IMA grounds before finding out that we were in the wrong location. So we left and then began at the art of the basketball court. David and the kids enjoyed hanging off of the large curved poles.
David brought his film camera on this outing. So the really good pictures of the kids are from his camera. For example, he wanted to get pictures of the kids on this pretty bridge. Clara was cooperative, Eli was not. So he took this lovely one of Clara, and I snapped one with my camera of Eli when he just happened to smile.
David really wanted to get a photo shoot of Ezra while we were there. So while he worked on that, the kids and I headed over to Mr. Bones.
Ezra was 3 1/2 months in these photos:
(Eli unfortunately did NOT want to join in the pictures.)
As we left that spot we came across a lake. OF COURSE Eli wanted to go down to the lake. I sat down on a boulder a little bit off to feed Ezra (thankfully no one was around), and David and the kids went to the water. I pulled their jeans up a bit to go wading, but they quickly went out too far for being fully dressed.
Moments after this sweet photo was taken, I saw Clara losing her balance and hanging onto Eli to help her stay up. Naturally the next thing to happen was both kids falling into the water. Eli took the worst of it and was soaked. It was funny in the moment, until he learned that there were no clothes for him to change into. I stripped him down after playing and wrapped a baby blanket around him. He was VERY aware of and very self-conscious to not have clothes on, poor guy. Back at the car I had an extra shirt for him, and underwear and pants for Clara thankfully. But no dry pants for Eli. It was getting late and we had planned to eat out for dinner. So poor Eli had to wrap a towel around his waist into the restaurant. Good thing it was McAllisters and there were lots of quieter spots to eat with a little more privacy. Haha! Good memories.








No comments:
Post a Comment