Saturday, February 24, 2018

Eli's 7th Birthday

So crazy this boy turned seven!  Eli is definitely a kid who is ALWAYS thinking about his birthday!  It is VERY highly anticipated for him.

His birthday fell on a Saturday this year.  On the Friday before the kids and I brought him lunch to eat together at school.  We took pictures of him with his best buddies--Andrew, Beau, and Tyler.  Very sweet boys from what I've seen being around them several times.  I'm glad Eli has good friends that he enjoys playing with and talking to.  

For dinner on Friday night we ate at McAllisters.  We let him buy a rice krispie treat for dessert there. :)
Clara LOVES getting to hang with Eli and his pals!
I tried getting a picture with my birthday boy.  He didn't make it easy!


We celebrated with a party for Eli on Saturday with his grandparents.  He always knows exactly what he wants for his birthday/Christmas!  That morning he and David brought donuts home from Jack's Donuts for breakfast.  I also took him to Party City to pick out his decorations.  He was so excited for this!  (Plus the fact that he could pick out a couple pieces of candy while he was there).

For this birthday we finally gave Eli permission to have tiny legos.  He was ecstatic to receive them!  (I am not-so-/ecstatic at his constant mess of them or that he wakes up too early in the morning to play with them. :/)  He is really talented in creating cool contraptions and building all kinds of creations.  I love that legos allow you that opportunity to use your own imagination and ideas.



His first robe--Pokemon style!  He has loved having it and wears it often.  (He seems to be allergic to wearing pajama tops with his pants, but thankfully he'll wear a robe which really helps through this freezing months!)  Clara so cutely ran up and hugged Eli to get a little closer to his snuggly robe.  :)


Birthday Video #1:

Pokemon cards!  He is always itching to get more!  I believe the last time I heard a total count he had 410!  He keeps them all in card packets in a binder so he can look through them easily.  It's funny how he totally just learned everything there is to know about Pokemon.  He sounds like a pretty good expert if you talk to him about it!


He received a Jumbo pokemon card in this kit!  (He was begging for a jumbo.)


I always ask him what he'd like in regards to cake/cupcakes.  He pretty much only wants to lick the frosting and have some ice cream, so he really doesn't care what the cake looks like.  He just wanted it to be cupcakes.  Easy-peasy!



Birthday Video #2: 


About Eli:

Eli can be quite the character!  He has a super fun personality (as long as he can keep his mood up and his gruffness at bay, because he can also be REALLY unpleasant to be around when he turns grumpy and disrespectful.)  When he's in a happy mood he is such a chatterbox!  

Here are a few little things about him: 
He LOVES Pokemon!  He's never seen the show but he began collecting the cards in Kindergarten.  (Sadly they're not allowed to trade them at school or on the bus anymore).  He has a binder full of them and always wants more!  

Eli is such a hoarder!  He seriously wants to keep everything he ever receives or makes!  He will rotate his "specials" or "favorite objects" at various times and will carry them around in some kind of contraption, i.e. a lunchbox or a cardboard box that he calls his "spy kit."  

Eli loves money and purchasing things with his money!  He really can't save much money for long.  He's always begging to look on Amazon for things to buy (or to think about buying in the future).  He enjoys shopping at Goodwill and garage sales and getting a good deal!

Right before Christmas (when presents were already bought and it was too late to buy more) Eli decided he really really wanted a spy kit!  He was bummed to not receive one, but I love what he ended up doing!  We received a gift of a kiwicrate craft.  The box it came in is set up like a briefcase (except it's cardboard).  My clever boy saved this box and turned it into his own spy kit!  He keeps his sunglasses, spyglass, notebook, pen, (sometimes) nerf gun, etc.  I love it!  He takes it with him to school and other places.  So cute.  I think this is a hundred times better than us buying one.  Along with spy gear Eli's also become very aware of video cameras wherever we go.  He'll dodge around sneakily like he's on a Top Secret Mission, making sure he can see the cameras but they can't see him.  :)  LOVE how his creative mind works!

He is a bright, smart boy.  Math seems to come very easy for him.  Science is his passion (when it comes to school subjects).  Reading has come along slower but he's making progress.  He is bringing level J books home from school to practice reading.  He doesn't usually enjoy practicing because he wants to skip along to reading our much more fun and interesting stories together!  I know someday the letter sounds and combinations will just 'click' in his head and he will be a speedy reader and be able to fully comprehend what he's reading.

7th Birthday Interview:

Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Foods to Eat: Popcorn, breadsticks, Mom's ravioli
Favorite Drink: Smoothies, Lemonade
Favorite Treats: Ice Cream (says cookies 'n cream), candy, donuts
Favorite Books: Loves reading all kinds of books, but especially enjoys stories about pirates and any grand adventures or clever imagination.  Also loves when I bring home books about Super Heroes, Pokemon, Star Wars, Scooby-Doo, and Captain Underpants (<--- the worst!  I DO NOT bring this home, he checks it out at his school library, blah!)
Favorite Shows: Wild Kratts, Geronimo Stilton, Bat Pat, Odd Squad, Cyberchase
Favorite Song: "I Am a Child of God"
Best Friend: Tyler (friend in his class at school)
Favorite Things to Do: Build legos, watch shows, read stories, play silly with Mom, play card games with Dad
Favorite Places to Go: Parks (when it's nice out), Children's Museum, Grandparents' houses
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?: A spy and a scientist
Favorite Thing to Wear: Was Ninja Turtle jammies (the zipper just broke).  So now it's my Pokemon robe.
Favorite People in the World: Mommy & Daddy
What Do You Love Best About School? Lunch (I'll add that he loves his specials, too, especially Art.)
Favorite Sport: Jogging
What are You Really Good At? Karate      Favorite Karate move? The front snap kick
Where Do You Wish to Go on Vacation? The beach, Montana, Great Wolf Lodge
Best Memory: When I was born, and when I made a clay fish.
What Would You Buy if You Had $1000 dollars? A mansion
Favorite Game: Hide 'n Seek and Battleship
Who is Your Biggest Hero? Jesus
What Do You Like About Yourself? My talents: building legos and karate
What Makes You Scared? A bear
What Makes You Happy?  When I scare Mom with a ninja kick
What Make You Mad? When Clara and Ezra touch my stuff
If You Had One Wish What Would it Be? To make diamonds
What Do You Like to Do Best With Your Friends? Play gaga ball
What Do You Love About Being 7?  How strong my legs are!
What Do You Hope to Do Before Your Next Birthday?  Break a brick

One day back in October David videotaped Eli when he was about to lose a tooth.  Such cute videos as they really show his personality.  He hasn't lost a tooth in quite a while and I stopped keeping track/lost count of how many he has lost!



A day or two after his birthday he came over to me like this--holding all of these balloons that buried his face!

A grand 7th birthday, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment