As I've mentioned before, Eli and I take our walks around our complex, since I don't have a car to go someplace else. It's a fairly big place, as the apartments surround a lake. A few months ago while we were on our walk, we passed a little old lady who was out for a stroll. We smiled and said "Hello," and went on our way. Sometime later (possibly that day or another), we crossed paths again. This time we stopped and chatted for a bit. Her name is Joann, and she is the tiniest woman I've ever known who was not a midget. She wears blue cotton pants and a long-sleeve blouse every time she walks (while I'm sweating like a pig in my t-shirt and shorts), and large, thick, black sunglasses.
Joann took an immediate liking to Eli (elderly folks really get a kick out of him), and he, too, puts on the charms when she talks to him. She is not out too often, but whenever she is we enjoy meeting and talking. Sometimes I take Eli out of his stroller and let her hold him. She never married or had children, so I'm glad that we can have our little visits and let Eli be her "adopted" grandbaby. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment