He woke up to birthday signs around the house, a homemade card and small gift from me (pjs and treats). His breakfast request was the same as on Father's Day--yogurt parfaits. I was nice and didn't ask him to change any diapers or do any work. :)
We spent the day at Holliday Park, in Indianapolis. We'd never been there before and it turned out great! David was excited to take pictures of these really cool ruins. Unfortunately they were gated off, but I still thought they were beautiful from afar. (To read more about the ruins, go here--http://www.hollidaypark.org/about-hp.html).
| David climbed up this statue like he was a monkey. He's sure young at heart! |

The kids played on a playground for a bit while we ate lunch, and then we went on a little (unexpected) hike. That was really quite enjoyable. I love to hike, and we've never hiked with both kids. I was just holding Clara and she was bouncing happily. Eli kept looking for snake holes and putting rocks down them. I think we'll have to take some (better prepared) family hikes this Fall!
We also spent time at the nature center. It was spacious and fun, and definitely a place we'll have to visit during the winter months.
| Clara adores animals. She shrieks and squeals at them. |
| The nature center had animal costumes for kids to wear. Eli looked so cute as a cardinal. : ) |
It was really fun spending the day with David! I hope there are many wonderful things in store for you this year, love!


No comments:
Post a Comment